Tiwa Savage is among the ten persons who will be awarded honorary degrees at the University of Kent congregation ceremonies at Canterbury and Rochester cathedrals.
As pointed out by the institution, Tiwa Savage “will be produced Health care provider of Music in recognition of her inspirational and global vocation in music” on the 15th of July 2022 Canterbury.
Professor Dr. Funke Abimbola, MBE, a C-suite Variety, Fairness & Inclusion Leader, Health care govt, and Corporate Law firm, will also be “made Physician of Guidelines for her inspirational job as a senior solicitor and her considerable voluntary function as a mentor and campaigner” on the 14th of July in Canterbury.
The other honorary graduands are:
- Kent alumnus and Emeritus Professor Abdulrazak Gurnah – Physician of Letters for his distinguished contribution to literature and his reflections and portrayal of the outcomes of colonialism, the theme of the refugee’s disruption, and the human encounters of a cross-continental journey (Canterbury 11 July)
- Dr Howard Leicester – Medical doctor of Science
- Mark Thomas – Health care provider of Arts
- Susan Wanless – Health care provider of Songs
- Dame Stephanie Shirley – Medical doctor of the University
- Mark Lane – Physician of the University
- Kent alumnus Kush Kanodia – Doctor of Science
- Professor Kevin Hylton – Medical professional of Science